Check Voter Registration

Register to Vote

Request an Absentee Ballot


You are qualified to vote if:

  • You are a citizen of the United States.
  • You are at least 18 years old on or before the day of the election. If you will be 18 onĀ or before the election, you may vote in the primary election for candidates, but not on issues.
  • You will be a resident of Ohio for at least 30 days before the election.
  • You register to vote at least 30 days before the election.

How do I register to vote?

You may register to vote at one of the following locations:

  • Office of the Seneca County Board of Elections.
  • Any Public Library.
  • Any Public High School or Vocational School.
  • Any Office of the Bureau of Motor Vehicles.
  • Any offices of designated agencies which provide public assistance or disability programs.

Or call the Seneca County Board of Elections at 419-447-4424 and ask that a Voter Registration Form be mailed to you. Complete the form and return to the Seneca County Board of Elections office.

What if I have changed my address or name?

If you are already registered to vote in Seneca County and have changed your address or changed your name, you must update your voter registration. You do this by submitting a new Voter Registration Form to the Board of Elections. You may also update your voter registration at any of the locations listed above.


What address may I list as my residence?

Ohio law establishes your residence as the place to which, whenever you are absent, you have the intent to return. A post office box or a business address is not an acceptable address for your residence.

Can a college student vote from their school address?

Yes, if the student establishes that place as their residence and registers to vote. Otherwise, the student must vote in their home county where they are registered to vote.

Do I declare my political party affiliation when I register to vote?

No. Under Ohio law, a person’s political party affiliation is determined by the party ballot they choose to vote in a partisan Primary Election.

Where do I vote?

You will receive a postcard/ID card assigning you to the polling location designated to serve the precinct in which you reside. If you are in doubt as to the location of this polling place, call the Seneca County Board of Elections at 419-447-4424. Polling locations are open from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Election Day.

May I vote on ballot issues in a primary without declaring my politics?

Yes. You may vote on questions and issues appearing on the ballot without voting for candidates of a political party by asking for an issues only ballot when you go to your polling place to vote.



Information provided by the Seneca County Board of Elections.